Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids Not Questioned
There is no longer any doubt that the omega 3 fatty acids in fish oil have tremendous health benefits.
As Dr. Joe Mercola, MD says:
“Omega-3 ranks among the most important essential nutrients out there today.”
So what is the problem with fish oil?
An avocado is a good way to show oxidation visually. But you can’t see oxidation of fish oil. And you may not smell it either.
When it’s absorbed into your body it can cause damage.
Cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra, M.D.
“Taking oxidized fish oil is as bad as eating trans-fatty acids—it can cause serious heart damage.”
Cardiologist Dr. Steven Masley, M.D.
“Stale oil tastes bad (sometimes horrible) and is loaded with free radicals that accelerate aging.
“These damaging molecules can cause cancer . The sad truth is that some people likely do themselves harm by taking rotten fish oil.”
How do you know if your fish oil is oxidized?
- Manufactured August 2015 Expiration August 2018
- Check the label to see if antioxidants have been added to the fish oil to protect it from oxidation.
- Puncture the capsule and see if the oil smells fishy. (not a guarantee)
Where can you find a good fish oil?
Check out Doctors Holistic Rx pharmaceutical grade fish oil.
- Certificate of Analysis available for review (showing recent manufacture and expiration)
- Antioxidants added to the oil to protect against oxidation.
- All toxins removed from the oil using molecular distillation.
- Pharmaceutical grade meaning the active omega 3 fatty acids have been concentrated to 70%.